Wednesday, April 20, 2011

If you could make cool soup and a splash of Western Mass class, this is what it would taste like..

http://www.lickscycles.com/

So I typed out this long thing of how I met AJ from Lick's with a bike trip I took with my Dad a couple of years ago and then my computer quit....So I'll make this short and sweet. AJ from Lick's is one of those dudes you wished existed....Wait he does. This dude knows cool back when cool was something you could only read about in Thrasher magazine...When I was young and used to dress up like I  thought I was cool in my Vision sweatpants, somewhere AJ was carrying down Cool tablets from Mt. Cool with the Cool Commandments on it....Oh whatever you get it.....I first saw this guy when I walked into his shop and he immediately gave me a hug and said, "Welcome brother" ...this guy had more Dice mag and GK and Biltwell products then I had ever seen in my life...Along with some radtastic bikes that were so detailed with class I was kinda speechless. As he took us around you would never know that he was the cool kid on the bus in the back seat with the cut off denim..Even tho he looked like he came out of a Ed Roth chopper mag he was the most welcoming dude I had ever met. He reminded me why I got into bikes to begin with and there aren't to many reminders of that on a daily basis.....Anyways this guy and this shop gets it....If you haven't gotten anything from Lick's yet don't bother because you probably are one of the guys who kept the reflectors on your forks from the factory....Check him out and send him your money if you get it, and even if you don't just send him money he will show you the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment